Monday, April 9, 2012

Sticky Situations

I love my VersaMat and Micro-tip Scissors.  The VersaMat is great for the measurement grid, self healing surface and that it protects my works surface from nicks and all the "embellishments"  I add to my projects.  I equally love my micro-tip scissors.  They are so sharp and maneuver around some of the most difficult patterns.  The cap is great to keep them sharp and protect me and the rest of my supplies from their super sharp points and blades. To keep these in tip top condition here's some helpful hints.  I clean and use my favorite spray furniture polish on the VersaMat.  It protects it and although adhesives still stick to it, the polish makes adhesive much easier to remove and renews the mat to new condition.  I've learned the hard way that cutting adhesive foam tape or sticky papers gum up my scissors and make them almost useless.  You can clean them carefully with soap and water, Undu, goo-gone or even rubbing alcohol but then to keep them in perfectly sharp condition for the intricate cutting they are meant for, I found an inexpensive pair of scissors that I designate just for use on the adhesive foam tapes and sticky papers.  Your tools are an investment, keep them in good condition and your projects will be easier and come out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment